“The Idaho Academy of Family Physicians is committed to
quality health care, education, and advocacy on behalf of
Idaho’s family physicians and their patients.”
“The mission of the Idaho Academy of Family Physicians is to advocate for Idaho family physicians and their patients.”
The Idaho Academy of Family Physicians works to:
• Promote Family Medicine as the foundation of high quality health care.
• Support initiatives that improve the health of all Idahoans.
• Support and cultivate continuing medical education and life-long learning with our members throughout Idaho.
• Support graduate medical education in Idaho including the advancement of student interest.
• Enhance recruitment of family physicians to Idaho.
• Provide timely political and professional information to members on issues affecting Idaho family physicians.
• Advocate on behalf of Idaho family physicians with payers and policymakers.
• Provide legislative advocacy on issues of concern to Idaho family physicians.
DR. RICHARD MCLANDRESS, 2017 IDAHO FAMILY PHYSICIAN OF THE YEAR