The Idaho Academy of Family Physicians is committed to quality health care, education, and advocacy on behalf of Idaho’s family physicians and their patients.
The mission of the Idaho Academy of Family Physicians is to advocate for Idaho family physicians and their patients.
The Idaho Academy of Family Physicians works to:
- Promote Family Medicine as the foundation of high quality health care.
- Support initiatives that improve the health of all Idahoans.
- Support and cultivate continuing medical education and life-long learning with our members throughout Idaho.
- Support graduate medical education in Idaho including the advancement of student interest.
- Enhance recruitment of family physicians to Idaho.
- Provide timely political and professional information to members on issues affecting Idaho family physicians.
- Advocate on behalf of Idaho family physicians with payers and policymakers.
- Provide legislative advocacy on issues of concern to Idaho family physicians.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR: Liz Woodruff
Liz joined the Idaho Academy of Family Physicians as executive director in April 2020. Liz’s background and experience is in health policy. She helped lead the effort to expand Medicaid in Idaho. She has over 10 years experience as an educator, facilitator, advocate, policy expert and non-profit manager. She holds an MA from Rutgers University and a BA from Whitman College.
- PRESIDENT: Cher Jacobsen, MD, Post Falls
- PRESIDENT-ELECT: Suzanna Hubele, MD, Weiser
- TREASURER: Mary Barinaga, MD, Boise
- IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT: Boyd Southwick, MD, Idaho Falls
- Mary Barinaga, MD, Boise
- Scott Dunn, MD, Sandpoint
ALTERNATE AAFP DELEGATES:
- Keith Davis, MD Shoshone
- Suzanne Allen, MD Boise
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Haley Minnehan, MD, Cottonwood
- Ted Epperly, MD, Boise
- Robin Sebastian, MD, Emmett
- Jonathan Bowman, MD, Boise
- Crystal Pyrak, MD, Coeur d’Alene
- John Williams, MD, Boise
- Brandon Mickelson, DO, Pocatello
- Angie Devitt, MD, Boise
- Emily Cox, MD, Coeur d’Alene
- James Bailey, MD, Post Falls
- Jaren Blake, MD, Idaho Falls
STUDENT AND RESIDENT BOARD
- Robin Sautter, MD, Boise
- Marc Allan, DO, Pocatello
- Anthony Markuson, MD, Jerome
- Michael Fields, MD, Coeur d’Alene
- Lauren Nesbit, MS-IV, Rupert (Medical Student)