The Idaho Academy of Family Physicians is committed to quality health care, education, and advocacy on behalf of Idaho’s family physicians and their patients.
The mission of the Idaho Academy of Family Physicians is to advocate for Idaho family physicians and their patients.
The Idaho Academy of Family Physicians works to:
- Promote Family Medicine as the foundation of high quality health care.
- Support initiatives that improve the health of all Idahoans.
- Support and cultivate continuing medical education and life-long learning with our members throughout Idaho.
- Support graduate medical education in Idaho including the advancement of student interest.
- Enhance recruitment of family physicians to Idaho.
- Provide timely political and professional information to members on issues affecting Idaho family physicians.
- Advocate on behalf of Idaho family physicians with payers and policymakers.
- Provide legislative advocacy on issues of concern to Idaho family physicians.
Get Involved in the Idaho Academy
The IAFP is always looking for ways to connect with our members. We want you to get the most out of your membership that you can! We have created a form for new and current members to get more involved in the IAFP. This form shares current opportunities available, including different active committees, board leadership, advocacy work, mentorship, and more. Visit https://forms.gle/XSJn6Pa8o7bJUG1NA to fill out the form.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR: Liz Woodruff
Liz joined the Idaho Academy of Family Physicians as executive director in April 2020. Liz’s background and experience are in health policy. She helped lead the effort to expand Medicaid in Idaho. She has over 10 years of experience as an educator, facilitator, advocate, policy expert and non-profit manager. She holds an MA from Rutgers University and a BA from Whitman College.