The IAFP Foundation promotes the growth of Family Medicine through a variety of membership, student and resident programs including continuing medical education conferences, the Family Medicine Interest Group program (FMIG), Rural Underserved Opportunity Program (RUOP) for first- and second-year medical students, and the Idaho Premed Matching Program. The Foundation helps students and residents attend valuable national conferences to help nurture their interest in Family Medicine. These opportunities provide for a valuable exchange of ideas with peers. The IAFP Foundation works to support activities that maintain the educational excellence of family physicians throughout their practice experience.
Support the IAFP Foundation and the many programs valuable to the specialty of Family Medicine.
- WWAMI RUOP (Rural Underserved Opportunities Program)
- Family Medicine Interest Group (FMIG)
- Scholarships for students attending the National Conference for Family Medicine Residents and Medical Students
- Premed student resources – Resource Guide
- Resident programs
- Assisting the Idaho medicine residency programs to promote family medicine
- The AAFP Congress of Delegates and AAFP Family Medicine Experience
- Family medicine resident outreach programs and research