Access to Counseling for IAFP Physician Members
The IAFP Physician Vitality Program is available as a member benefit for physicians, medical residents, and retired members. Utilizing Ada County Medical Society’s (ACMS) counseling network, IAFP offers up to five appointments per 12-month period at no cost, starting from your initial visit.
How it works
- Visit www.physicianvitality.org
- View profiles of contracted mental health providers and select one that suits your needs.
- Contact the provider directly and identify yourself as a member of the Idaho Academy of Family Physicians.
- Review program guidelines and informed consent forms on the website before your first appointment.
When You Need a Safe Place to Talk
The Physician Vitality Program provides confidential access to mental health providers for licensed medical association members because:
- You want to provide the best care for your patients that you can.
- You want to be present for your family, friends, and colleagues.
- You want to optimize your career and life.
Your Confidentiality Is Our Top Priority
- No notice is given to your employer or the Board of Medicine/Nursing
- No insurance or EAP billing is involved
- No medical societies involved in offering this program learn of your utilization
- You make appointments directly with our contracted mental health providers
- You can choose from telehealth or in-person visits
Designed for You by Your Peers
- Competent – Idaho Physicians interviewed mental health providers with a reputation for assisting healthcare professionals in addressing common issues like depression, imposter syndrome, perfectionism, and burnout.
- Convenient – You can typically make appointments within a week or two through a couple of calls or emails. Hours vary by providers, including some weekend and evening time slots available via telehealth and in locations throughout Idaho.
- Cost-free – this benefit is designed to get you over the hump of seeking help without thinking about initial monetary costs. If you wish to continue treatment beyond this, you can discuss payment arrangements directly with the provider.
Learn more about the program and make an appointment by visiting www.physicianvitality.org.
If you are having trouble finding a mental health provider, call or text anonymously (415) 787-2267.