See the full draft program here. Please note all times are in Mountain Time.
Instructions for Conference Attendees
Download the Conference App from Your Mobile Device
Apple App Store OR Android/Google Play App Store
Conference Video Resources
Sports Medicine Fellowship, Dr. Mangum
OB Fellowship, Dr. Phoutrides
HIV and Viral Hepatitis Fellowship, Dr. Link
Behavioral Health Fellowship, Dr. Castagno
Short Stretch Video 1 with Dr. Cooperrider
Short Stretch Video 2 with Dr. Cooperrider
The Idaho Academy of Family Physicians is excited to announce our 2021 Virtual Annual Conference will take place on May 21-22, 2021. With your safety and convenience in mind, we have chosen to hold an all-virtual event that will still result in approximately 13 CME credits in total.
- Breathing Clarity into Asthma and COPD
- Behavioral Health Demand During COVID-19
- Men’s Health Matters; Testosterone Replacement
- eGFR and the Problems With Race-Based Medicine
- Cases in Practical Medication Deprescibing in Older Adults
- The Economics and Opportunities of Direct Primary Care
- Treatment of Psoriasis and Rheumatoid Arthritis
- What is Value-Based Healthcare and How Does it Play Out in Real Practices?
- Rural Healthcare in Idaho: Disparities, Challenges, Purpose and Joy
- Hospice and Palliative Care: Developing a Framework for Goals of Care Conversations
- Idaho’s response to COVID-19 and Where We Are Now?
- Building A Post-Corona Medical Culture that Sustains Physician Well-Being
- Hiding in Plain Sight: Rheumatology in Primary Care
- Telehealth Policy Update
Dr. Reuben Baker: Third-year resident at the Family Medicine Residency of Boise, ID.
Dr. Penny Beach: Family Physician, Chief Medicical Officer for FMRI, Boise, ID.
Dr. Scott Dunn: Family Physician, Sandpoint Family Medicine, Sandpoint, ID.
Dr. Ted Epperly: Family Physician, CEO, Family Medicine Residency Of Idaho, Boise, ID.
Dr. Billy Galligar: Family Medicine, Hospice and Palliative Medicine. Certified from the Hospice Medical Director Certification Board.
Dr. Julie Gunther: Family Physician, Private Practice, SparkMD, Boise, ID.
Dr. Christine Hahn: Idaho state epidemiologist. Board Certified in Infectious Disease.
Dr. John Hickner: Editor and Chief, Journal of Family Practice, Professor Emeritus, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine.
Dr. Gary LeRoy: Board Chair of the American Academy of Family Physicians. Dr. LeRoy is the associate dean for student affairs and admission at Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine in Dayton, OH.
Dr. Kelly McGrath: Chief Medical Officer at Clearwater Valley Hospital and Clinics and St. Mary’s Hospital and Clinics. Serves as the Medical Director for the Idaho Medicare Quality Improvement Organization, Comagine Health, Orofino, ID.
Dr. Daniel Mueller: Faculty, Family Medicine Residency Of Idaho, Boise, ID.
Mr. Steve Reames: Executive Director of the Ada County Medical Society, Boise, ID.
Dr. Ellen Richardson: Chief Resident in the Family Medicine Residency of Idaho program, Boise, ID.
Dr. Catherine Serio: Psychologist, Associate Vice President, Behavioral Unit For Digitally Delivered Interventions, Pittsburgh, PA.
Dr. Boyd Southwick: Medical Director, of Hands of Hope Home Health and Hospice and Teton Post Acute Care & Rehabilitation, Idaho Falls, ID.