- This event has passed.
CME Webinar: Major Depressive Disorder in Chronic Kidney Disease
September 16, 2021 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Join us for this CME Webinar with Dr. Laura Frank of Otsuka. This event is free, but pre-registration is required. Participation in this webinar will result in 1 CME. Approval is pending with the AAFP.
• Overview of Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) and Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)/End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD).
• Discuss the high prevalence of depression in patients with CKD.
• Discuss how overlap of symptomatology between MDD and CKD makes diagnosing depression in the setting of CKD challenging.
• Discuss the association of MDD with poor outcomes in CKD.
• Discuss potential risk factors and mechanism of MDD in CKD.
• Discuss the cycle between MDD and ESRD.
• Address challenges in MDD management considerations in CKD patients.
Dr. Laura Frank, PhD, MPH, RDN, CD
Dr. Frank has a Dr. Frank has a PhD in Exercise Physiology & Health Promotion, a MPH in Public Health in Epidemiology, a MEd in Nutrition & Dietetics, and a BS in Nutrition & Molecular Biology. She has spent her career studying and implementing the importance of lifestyle management for the prevention or treatment of chronic diseases. As a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN), she has worked in the inpatient and outpatient settings. She also has a strong academic background with over 12 years’ experience in teaching graduate and/or undergraduate studies, 11 years’ experience as a clinical preceptor, and 8 years’ experience as Director of Clinical Sites for the Coordinated Program in Dietetics for the Washington State University. She is currently a Medical Science Liaison with Otsuka Pharmaceutical Development and Commercialization within the PNW territory.